Senior System Engineer / System Engineer (Unix/ Linux)
- Responsible for the technical support of system infrastructure related areas such as network, database, server platform, storage device, IT monitoring, client terminals and peripherals, etc., on a mission critical mega-scale system, including the following major duties:
- Prepare requirement specifications of IT solutions and scenarios/cases for testing; maintain system documentations and reports.
- Provide proficient configuration, installation, testing, technical operational or user support on system hardware, software or services.
- Monitor systems connectivity, performance and security control.
- Implement technical infrastructure enhancements.
- Document system changes and enhancements.
- Perform operation fault analysis and provide recommendations to improve the overall production system.
- Keep infrastructure up-to-date through technology refresh of both hardware and software.
- Experience in the mixed OS platform and technical support : IBM AIX (or Oracle Solaris), Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows is a plus
- Experience / knowledge in Middleware software : PowerHA, DB2, WebSphere Application Server (WAS), MQ, Familiar with IBM Data Replication is a plus
- Experience / knowledge in Virtualization : vSphere vCenter, ESXi, SRM
- Knowledge in Encryption Appliances (e.g. Bloombase Storesafe & Keycastle), Automation / system monitoring / security tools as well as backup solutions such as Tivoli related tools is preferable
- Experience in maintenance of IBM Power servers and System Storage is advantageous
- Skilled in writing scripts for automating maintenances or optimization
- Certified in Linux, AIX, PowerHA or VMware is an advantage
- Diploma or above in Information Technology or related disciplines
- Working experience in data centre operation or technical support is preferred
- 7x24 on-call support in rotating shifts is required
- More than 3 years of relevant experience in IT or Support field
- Good command of both written and spoken English & Chinese
- Self-motivated, responsible, able to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal or external stakeholders
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as System Engineer
If you have the energy and qualifications to add to our velocity, please send your CV with your availability, expected salaries to us. All personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
(All personal data will be kept in the strictest confidential and will be used for recruitment purpose only. All applicants maybe considered for other suitable positions in ICO Limited. All personal data of unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed.)